My tea things - ready for service

My tea things - ready for service

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fresh teas...fresh blog

With the arrival of my tea order today, I thought it was time to visit my long-neglected tea blog.  So, after giving the page a fresh look I plan to post more regularly from now on.  Will this eventuate?  Time will tell.  I hope to post some tasting notes on the 10 plus teas that have arrived from Dragon Tea House. Whilst typing this I am drinking the Tai Ping Hou Kui.  This is one of the (10) Famous Chinese Teas and originates in Anhui Province.  This tea has the largest leaves of any varietal (I measured one of them at 11cm).  You can see from the photo below that the leaves did not fit in my gaiwan - until the 'agony of the leaves' softened them that is.
It is a delicate and wonderfully sweet green tea. I will provide more detail in a subsequent post.

And the little tea cup which you see on the left of the photo was a gift included in my order by the lovely people at Dragon Tea House!



2 comments:

Mummyrita said...

Wish I could be there to drink a cup with you!
Rita W

Kim said...

Hi Rita. I'll have one for you. We hope to visit you guys one day.