My tea things - ready for service

My tea things - ready for service

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tea Cards Complete!

Over the last few months I have been sporadically working on Tea Cards. They were initally intended to have very few words on each card to be used for a tea game. But as I went along I decided to make them more comprehensive (as much as cards can be at any rate). Thus the result is 33 cards, made up of three cards per variety and 3 cards on tea grading. Each card provides the following information:
  1. Type of Tea Variety
  2. Name of Tea (with its meaning in English)
  3. Country of Origin
  4. General Information - including historical and/or interesting facts
  5. Appearance - of both the leaf and the infusion
  6. Aroma
  7. Taste
  8. Brewing Instructions
  9. Information on Tea Type
  10. Card Number

The tea varieties represented are:

  1. Ceylon Teas
  2. Chinese White Teas
  3. Chinese Yellow Teas
  4. Chinese Green Teas
  5. Chinese Oolong Teas
  6. Chinese Black Teas
  7. Chinese Pu-erh Teas
  8. Indian Teas
  9. Japanese Teas
  10. Taiwanese Teas

And the last three cards have information on tea grading.

I would still like to create a game around these cards - my next project. But for the moment I am happy with the outcome. I aim to post these cards on the blog. Will have to figure out how to do this first, however.

Happy Gongfucha!

No comments: